Endorsements of Officers’ Certificates
Belize was placed on the IMO STCW White List in November 2001. Also, the IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee has confirmed that in accordance with Regulation 1/8 of the STCW 1978 Convention, it has received the required independent evaluation which demonstrates that Belize is giving full and complete effect to the aforementioned Convention. The procedures for issuance of such Endorsements by IMMARBE are based on equivalence, requiring evidence that the applicant is in possession of an appropriate, recognized and valid certificate from a country that is on the STCW White List.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit the following documents for the issuance of endorsements of recognition of their certificates of competency under the provisions of the STCW 78/95 Сonvention:
- Application form, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Declaration duly signed by the applicant.
- А valid STCW ’95 Certificate of seafarer issued by a "White List" Аdministration, оriginal or copy.
- А valid Endorsement attesting Certificate of seafarer issued by a “White List” Аdministration, оriginal or copy.
- Seafarer’s Medical fitness certificate issued on IMMARBE form.
- Colored passport size photograph (white or light backgroung, high resolution - 300dpi minimum, PNG format).
- Copies of the seafarer’s valid civil passport and Seaman’s book.
- Ship Security Awareness Certificate or Designated Security Duties Certificate or Ship Security Officer Certificate.
- А valid STCW ’95 certificate of GMDSS issued by a "White List" Administration, оriginal or copy (if applicable).
- А valid Endorsement attesting Certificate of GMDSS issued by a “White List” administration, оriginal or copy (if applicable).
- Sample of seafarer's signature on white background in JPEG format.
Please note that only officers on Belize flagged vessels should be endorsed.
Once all required documents are submitted, a Certificate of Receipt of Application (CRA) will be issued which is valid for three months. During that time period Full Term Endorsement will be issued.
Click here to see the list of parties to STCW.